Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Green House Project












Recently I was helping a friend renovate they’re home.  
In the process I removed about 36 lineal feet of clear vinyl from they're front porch. I figured I could put it to good use, so I brought it home laid it out scrubbed with soap and water then hung to dry.









Like so many others you see through the countryside and even in some suburban neighborhoods is the skeletal remains from a 10 x 20 carports covered by old Poly-tarp. Mine was no different. 










Having the time with little to no money I went to work on mine.
I started by cutting up a new tarp and sewn it to the clear vinyl. The layout easily covered the garage floor and then some. 










Needless to say the more you sew together the heaver it get.  It was a lot to feed through the machine I think the next time I’ll move the machine to the center of the room.













 I took our yard skeleton and gave it some new skin. 
Once I was done I realized I didn't make a very good car cover but I did make a pretty good green house. 









The one thing I didn't anticipate was
the wild rabbits and deer
well, more to do tomorrow.
 It's been a fun weekend project. 







1 comment: