Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pocket Pellet Stove


My little Smokeless heater




Being inspired by the cold weather
I began tinkering on an new idea 



I wanted a portable self contained heat source 
that could fit in a backpack 





As always I scrounged around until I 
found what I hoped would be acceptable
components, in this case it turned out to be
scrap sections of a metal fence, some old
screen from a rabbit hutch and a soda can  




I drilled then taped the holes to except the legs
 cut an opening on top for the flue then had a friend 
weld it together
"Thank You Aaron"






I started testing with a handful of wood pellets
and was surprised it lasted almost half
an hour. By restricting air intake with the
top of a soda can I was able to increase the 
temperature when using pellets
Note: I did use a propane torch to lite 





As long as there were flames it put out very little smoke
The addition of stovepipe could make this
a nice little tent stove






No comments:

Post a Comment