Thursday, October 9, 2014

Rupert the Walking Wooden Robot



Here's a fun weekend project. 


Rupert the Wooden Robot
Animated 




An earlier design



You don't need an engineering degree to build your
own walking robot. I copied the dimensions from this site 
on the Theo Jensen leg design. Adding my own
design concepts to the Jensen leg this is what I came up
with  






The first concept had great potential 
but I was unable to get him to walk



Seeing a need to enhance the design and
reinforce the leg connectors   



I cut him in half



And gave him an articulating 
mid section in hopes to solve
 one of the many issues





 Here is some of his first steps 





Now that I have a proof of concept design,
I'm encouraged to build a bigger and more
refined version of Rupert 

No comments:

Post a Comment