Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lane Danish Modern Coffee Table




(Click on Photo's to Enlarge)



What was a hit in the sixties is now a well seasoned and heavily
 scarred table.





With each project comes unique challenges.              What I was faced with is how to remove gouges without extensive sanding that may result in an uneven surface.





I started be removing what was left of the finish.  





Then used a steaming 
technique to raise the gouges. Simply place a wet towel over the scratched area and apply heat and steam the effected area should raise.   It took me several attempts
to accomplish. 






After several step of the sanding process I was more than pleased. A coat of wood stain applied and it seams that most damage was repaired. 




 I bought this from a sweet old lady who 
was noticeably heart broken with the condition it was in. 
I hope she can see it now.













No comments:

Post a Comment